Skip to main content

TechyTommy Phones: Getting a Phone!

So today, I'm getting a phone! What phone am I going to get? The iPhone 13! So we went to Cellcom to get the phone! We had to wait a long time! But now I got it! This is my first phone! Now, when we went to the grocery store, I kept on sending videos to Philip while we were there, and when we were coming home! It did take a while, but it worked! I had one problem with it where text messages would take a while, but I no longer have that problem! Now, the iPhone 13 has a feature called Face ID! You can unlock just by looking at your phone! But the iPhone 13 supports a feature called Wi-Fi Calling! What is it like? While, it just feels like a normal phone call or text message! But I would rate my phone 10 out of 10! But I get the Premium Unlimited Medium during the summer, and Premium Unlimited Small during the school year! But let's look at Cellcom a little more! Now, phone quality! Cellcom has VoLTE (they call it "Advanced Calling"), which means phone calls and SMS/MMS messages go through the 4G LTE network! This also means 6-way phone calls and high-quality voice! Now, text messages! For information about iMessage, look back in this article! For SMS/MMS, keep reading! I don't use SMS or MMS frequently, as we are mostly an iPhone family! And I can't even test it out properly! But luckily, it was used at 9:55 AM! Here is the exact message. "Cellcom Msg: We enhanced our network & now you can use data while on a call. No action needed. Go to cellcom.com/advancedcalling for more info or call 611!" And this text WAS sent from 611! For context, 611 is Cellcom's contact number for Cellcom users! But 2 minutes later, a Cellcom employee texted her PERSONAL PHONE from my phone! That worked, which means that SMS/MMS completly works! Finally, data! Cellcom's medium data package is 25 GB, and their small data package is 6 GB! I already used 365 MB of that! But Cellcom offers 1x (slow), 3G (not as slow to medium depending on what kind of 3G we are talking about), and 4G LTE (good). I haven't saw 1x or 3G ever on my phone, and I was on 4G all of the time! And most of the time, I had 2 bars or more! But inside our house, we don't have that good reception! But everywhere except close to our house, it is great so far! I would rate Cellcom 8/10! So overall, I would rate both 9/10!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coding 2

Computer use binary, Binary use 0s And 1s Like this:010010101010100101010 It can be use to make pics, text, music, numbers, math, Like Tommy is 010101001010101010101010101010010101011001010101010 1 in binary is 0000001 1 + 2 = 3 in binary is 1000001 A song in binary is 01010101010101101010      

TechyTommy Phones: IFTTT + Text Messages!

  A year ago, I did a blog post on a website called IFTTT! If you want to view that, click here ! But let me quickly explain why this is relevant to phones! Lots of carriers have a way to send text messages through email! This is carrier-specific, so you can't just send it to all phone numbers! For example, Cellcom has yournumber@cellcom.quiktxt.com and U.S Cellular has yournumber@email.uscc.net! (These are carrier emails for TechyTommy Email VIP users.) To use all of these, format your phone number like this: 1234567890! These are called "SMS to email gateways"! But what if your carrier is not listed here? Thankfully, there is a website with 92 carriers in the United States! Just go to email2sms.info  if your carrier isn't in this article! But how does IFTTT work here? While, IFTTT can send emails from your Gmail account! Previously, I was talking about connecting Gmail to Google Calendar, Alexa to Blogger, and Google Calendar to Contacts! But now, we can connect any